Saturday, April 28, 2012

Wedding Challenges

Hi loves!  I haven't posted in a while because things have sort of been put on hold due to problems with the venue.  I was totally happy with the Hyatt's Crystal ballroom and I truly want that room because of the  beautiful windows.  I know that it sounds weird but light is important to me as is the background scenery. Realistically, having the view of downtown Chicago would have been phenomenal!

So what's my beef?  They Hyatt was definitely working to make things work BUT were only able to offer me an hour of open bar and the food would have been very basic.  I think as a bride, I have thought about what are important things for me and my loved ones.  Food would definitely be an important component and being that people would be spending money on us it would be important for us to absorb the cost of the alcohol.

Today, we are going to look at a venue that the Hyatt suggested.  It's called European Crystals.  It looks pretty (NO WINDOWS, I HATE THAT) but I am keeping an open mind.  They have 2 packages and one happens to be my budget and it literally includes EVERYTHING.  My concern is that the facility has received great reviews for the appearance, food, and cost BUT has received horrible customer service and the hosts assigned the day of the events have been so rude that people have actually left WEDDINGS!  I will be straightforward with the person we meet today and address my concerns as well as addressing that I don't have the patience to deal with disrespectful people.  I think if I can get that out into the open we can make this work.

Nothing is final, like I said our meeting is today.  We will continue to look at options and I will let you guys know the final destination.   :)


Love,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment